JOIN US AT THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY COFFEE SHOP!!

JOIN US AT THE COFFEE SHOP 2009!!

ADUI CELEBRATES 100+!

Recent Posts Giveaway of the Day Imageshack Uploader Go Down

Home Forum Help Search Admin Arcade
Profile Photo Gallery Links Staff list Calendar Members list Recent posts
Welcome to The Coffee Shop! Don't forget to visit our Sister Sites...
Family of Forums Coffee Shop 2009 TV Fanatics The Hideaway Train Station/Diner Coffee Shop Club Lupus/ MCTD Johnz Insane Empire The Tent Dwellers Pogo Finishers All That Care Our Hangout SMF Support Coffeenole.com

The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host
Coffeenole's Coffee Shop
March 29, 2024, 05:21:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Play our trivia games! Links to Coffee Time Trivia, Caillea's Daily Trivia, Kathy's Funtime Trivia, John'z Insane Trivia, and Princess' Friends Trivia are on the portal page!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Memoral Day not always a picnic

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memoral Day not always a picnic  (Read 597 times)
Dewmik
Patriot kicked off his lil world
Super Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 143

Life is hard. Its even harder when your stupid!!!

« on: May 21, 2008, 05:22:02 pm »

American Revolution
An estimated 25,000 American Revolutionaries died during active military service. About 8,000 of these deaths were in battle; the other 17,000 deaths were from disease, including about 8,000 who died while prisoners of war. The number of Revolutionaries seriously wounded or disabled by the war has been estimated from 8,500 to 25,000. The total American military casualty figure was therefore as high as 50,000

US Civil war.
As a direct result of the US Civil war. 360,000 Union soldiers died. The Confederacy lost 260,000.

WW1
There were 117,000 United Stated soldiers killed during WW1 - out of the 4,272,500 deployed. There were also 204,000 wounded - with a casualty rate of 8% for the killed/wounded combined.

WW2
Total number in United States forces during WW2
Army:8,300,000
Navy:4,204,662
Marines: 599,693
Grand total 13,104,355
Total US casualties:
Army: 223,215 killed in action; wounded 571,679;missing 12,752;
Total Army casualties 807,646.
Navy; killed in action 34,702; died of wounds 1,783; other deaths 26,793; total Navy deaths 63,278;wounded 33,670 missing 28;
Total Navy casualties 96,976.
Marines; killed in action 15,460 died of wounds 3,163; other deaths 5,863; total marine deaths 24,486; wounded 67,134;
Total Marine casualties 91,620.
Grand total killed in action in Army Navy Marines 273,377. Died of wounds later 4,946;other deaths 32,656; total deaths 310,979. Missing 12,780; wounded 672,483;
Grand total casualties in Army, Navy, Marines, 996,242.
(Air Forces are included in the above branches. US Coast Guard had 172,952 men engaged,1,917 deaths of which 572 were killed in action.)

Korean War
According to recent Department of Defense statistics, a total of 36,576 Americans died while serving in the Korean War.

The Vietnam War
50.000 Americans lost their lives. Direct American involvement began in 1955 with the arrival of the first advisors. The first combat troops arrived in 1965 and we fought the war until the cease-fire of January 1973. To a whole new generation of young Americans today, it seems a story from the olden times.

The Gulf War
U.S. casualties: 148 battle deaths, 145 nonbattle deaths
Army: 98 battle; 105 nonbattle
Navy 6 battle; 8 nonbattle
Marines: 24 battle; 26 nonbattle
Air Force: 20 battle; 6 nonbattle
Women killed, 15

Now
Beginning with the 2003 invasion of Iraq and continuing with the ensuing occupation of Iraq and Afaganastan each day brave men and women put there lives at risk in the name of freedom. I won’t post a total because it's added to everyday. Men and women of the arms service have died protecting you and me both in live combat and terrost attacks such as the 17 salors killed on the USS Cole

You may or may not like the war but remember they are in the sand heat and under fire, Your in a comfortable chair playing on the internet.
Report Spam   Logged

For my friend Dan

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Paula
Senior Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 71

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:35:20 pm »

Many think that Memorial Day is all about cook outs and etc... but what it is really about - is those veterans who gave their lives & fought for our country to keep this country free, it is never to early OR to late to start thanking & honoring our fallen hero's......

And if you all do not mind, I would like to put this song here for all to hear and sorry if I hurt your ears.....
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndListen/play/af9e8faa

A Hero every one,
The American soldier whose
bravery is second to none,
Putting their life on the
line so that others can live
free,
The American Soldier Risking
their lives for you and me,
Fighting for freedom God,protect
them from above,
Standing with courage beside
the Country that they Love,
For they are the ones that make
this Country survive,
They are the ones who risk their
lives and have given their lives.
Thank You American Soldiers you
are all Heroes to me,
Thank you for assuring that others
can be free.....

I Salute you!!!

Retired CPO of the U.S.Naval Reserve

Paula

Report Spam   Logged

Dewmik
Patriot kicked off his lil world

Coffee Shop Reputation: 143

Life is hard. Its even harder when your stupid!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:04:25 pm »

Please name your relitives and friends that are serving or served in the US military List if there living or dead and if dead when and where they died and somthing about them

Simon (Uncle) US Army WWII Germany.  Servived Normandy beach D day. Passed in 87 from cancer

Martian (Grand Pa) US Navy WWII South Sees. Served with the Black Sheep as a target locator. Passed in 63 of Cancer

Sam (friend) US Navy WWII South Sees and Germany, Gunners mate. He was on the first ship to arive at Pearl Harbor after the Japanese attack. Alive but Deff

Dan (friend) US Marine Corps Has served in Afgan, Iraq, Bosnia, Gitmo, Panama and others. Was in charge of choosing the music to flush out Manuel Noriega. Alive Presently hospitalized in Germany as a result of a road side bomb. Hes getting better and ready to go back to work
Report Spam   Logged

For my friend Dan
Paula
Senior Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 71

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:52:22 pm »

My dad - Chuck- WWII, Passed in 1987
Uncle's - Bob, Glen,Ed,Paul,W-boy - WWII - all deceased
Cousins - Jr,Tim & Jim - Vietnam
Uncle's - Elmo and Gene - Korean - both deceased, 1 recently
Brother's - John and Chuck - Vietnam - Chuck passed almost 2 yrs ago
Ex-husband - Charlie & his brother Jim - vietnam
Myself - 1st Gulf war

Many other but too many to name
Report Spam   Logged

d1me9
Rocky Horror Picture Show Veteran

Coffee Shop Reputation: 848

Waar het hart vol van is, stroomt de mond van over

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:23:07 pm »

First and foremost, i want to thank all of those here who have served in the armed forces. It is an HONOR to know those who selflessly have served our country. I also want to thank those who are out there serving to this day.

Relatives of mine who have served in the armed forces:

Kenneth Sr (my grandfather, dad's father) National Guard. Passed away in 1999.
Kenneth Jr (my dad) National Guard, after high school in the late sixties. A fun fact, at one point in time, my father and HIS father were in the National Guard together.
Paul Sr (my grandfather, mom's father) served in the US Navy through WWII, Korea, Vietnam. Passed away in 2004.
Frank (uncle) served in Vietnam as an MP. Later became one of the heads of security at the local air/naval base. Retired from that position in February 2008.
David (mom's stepbrother) served in the US Navy during the first Gulf War, in a submarine. His 'famous' quote before being deployed to my grandfather "they'll have a hard time finding us !!!" Retired last year. In 2004, participated in the service for my Grandfather's funeral.

Report Spam   Logged

Coal Man
Bounty Hunter
Coffeenole.com

Coffee Shop Reputation: 234

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 05:22:10 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

d1me9
Rocky Horror Picture Show Veteran

Coffee Shop Reputation: 848