JOIN US AT THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY COFFEE SHOP!!

JOIN US AT THE COFFEE SHOP 2009!!

ADUI CELEBRATES 100+!

Recent Posts Giveaway of the Day Imageshack Uploader Go Down

Home Forum Help Search Admin Arcade
Profile Photo Gallery Links Staff list Calendar Members list Recent posts
Welcome to The Coffee Shop! Don't forget to visit our Sister Sites...
Family of Forums Coffee Shop 2009 TV Fanatics The Hideaway Train Station/Diner Coffee Shop Club Lupus/ MCTD Johnz Insane Empire The Tent Dwellers Pogo Finishers All That Care Our Hangout SMF Support Coffeenole.com

The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host
Coffeenole's Coffee Shop
March 29, 2024, 06:41:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ...and more!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Please read before viewing

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please read before viewing  (Read 918 times)
Coal Man
Bounty Hunter
Coffeenole.com
Super Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 234

« on: May 13, 2008, 07:19:49 am »

A picture began circulating in November. It should be 'The Picture of the Year,' or perhaps, 'Picture of the Decade.' It won't be. In fact,unless you obtained a copy of the US paper which published it, you probably
would never have seen it.

The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samue l Alexander Armas, who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner.

The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas, is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta . She knew of Dr. Bruner's remarkable
surgical procedure. Practicing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville , he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb.

During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. As Dr.Bruner completed the surgery on Samuel, the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed
hand through the incision n and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger. DrBruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen, totally immobile

The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture, 'Hand of Hope.' The text explaining the picture begins, 'The tiny hand of 21-week- old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Dr. Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life'

Little Samuel's mother said they 'wept for days' when they saw the picture. She said, 'The photo reminds us pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person.'Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 percent successful.

Now see the actual picture, and it is awesome...incredible....and hey,
pass it on. The world needs to see this one!

Don't tell me our God isn't an awesome God!!!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Princess Buttercup
Coffeenole.com

Coffee Shop Reputation: 176

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:28:28 pm »

thank you coal man what a wonderful picture and yes our God is an awesome God
Report Spam   Logged

oldbat

Coffee Shop Reputation: 413

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:32:40 pm »

Makes you have a whole new appreciation for the miracle of life when you see that photo.
Report Spam   Logged
DeJaVue
Coffeenole.com

Coffee Shop Reputation: 505

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 08:15:14 pm »

I remember this well. And if any of you watch "House," the tv series about the ever-cynical, non-believer doctor, they did a show about it. Of course, he was a changed man on the inside after that!

But in reality, it is amazing what God can do!! Thanks again for this post, dear Coal Man.
  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

Rockin' and rollin' with the oldies!
Because He Lives!
greg64
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:12:50 pm »

What a beautiful picture of an amazing event. Yes, God does protect and guide us in alot of different ways. Thanks for posting this one CoalMan.  thankyou.gif
Report Spam   Logged
Paula
Senior Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 71

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 05:35:13 am »

Amazing, God does work miracles this is for sure!
Report Spam   Logged

tyetye
Coffeenole.com

Coffee Shop Reputation: 463

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 07:48:45 pm »

I have seen this before too, but it still amazes me, isnt it a miracle what God has let our Doctors learn in just the past couple of decades....
Report Spam   Logged

ken
Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 44

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:19:43 am »

thankyou.gif
Hey Coalman, its Ken from church. Haven't talked to or seen you in awhile. I know that you have nights right now so its hard to get a hold of you.
Just to let you know - Phylis Lukas has an ex-brother in law who died last year. Her sister who just died recently had all of his military awards. Even though they were divorced she still tried to make a poster with his medals on it.
I talked to Don and we decided to adapot him as a forgotten solider since even his family don't want anything to do with him. I don't why of course, but I suspect that it ahs something to do with Nam. Maybe I'm wrong.
We want to make a case with his awards in them.
He has a good conduct medal (most soliders do) a shrpshooter rifle m-14 badge (also commom), an expert rifle m-16 badge (also commom), He has a National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam service medal w/4 bronze stars, Vietnam compaign medal w/60device.
The 4 bronze stars means he saw some heavy action. We don't want to forget him even though his family has and his ex-wife id now passed on and now noone will never know he ever existed except us.
Let me know what your opinon is.
Ken
 Grin Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Coal Man
Bounty Hunter
Coffeenole.com

Coffee Shop Reputation: 234

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 12:51:47 am »

That'd be wonderful Ken.

Please tell me Don knows the flag is 4X6.

Did you bring him up to speed on our conversation w/ pastor
Report Spam   Logged

ken
Grand Champion Author

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 06:54:12 am »

Hey coalman,

Don knows how big the flag is and that the case will have to be different.

I think I told him about what we talked to paster about.

We had thought about putting Steven the forgotten solder in the memorial presentation, but Phylus said no. Since it her relative even though her sister was divorced from him I have to go along with her.

Phylus did give me his DD214 so that we could get a better idea of what his awards were. He has all the usual medals except that his also has 4 Bronze Stars.
 After he came back from nam he probably had so many psychological problems that his family turned their backs on him. They didn't even come to his funneral.

Anyway we are going to work on getting him his own case and go from there.

Report Spam   Logged
ken
Grand Champion Author

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 07:00:55 am »

Hey coalman,
If you can find time please say a prayer for Dave Boehmer's Granddaughter Felicia. She has a cist on her brain and is very sick from it.
Thanks Ken
Report Spam   Logged
Coffeenole
Your humble host.
Founding Father of the Coffee Shop
Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 466

Coffeenole is here!

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 11:01:25 am »

Hey coalman,
If you can find time please say a prayer for Dave Boehmer's Granddaughter Felicia. She has a cist on her brain and is very sick from it.
Thanks Ken

Ken, I will keep Felicia in my prayers.  praying.gif
Report Spam   Logged

rymmyisaac

Coffee Shop Reputation: 336

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:21 pm »

That is just unbelievably awesome! Makes my hair stand on end! Gotta Love that Good Lord of Ours!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: