JOIN US AT THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY COFFEE SHOP!!

JOIN US AT THE COFFEE SHOP 2009!!

ADUI CELEBRATES 100+!

Recent Posts Giveaway of the Day Imageshack Uploader Go Down

Home Forum Help Search Admin Arcade
Profile Photo Gallery Links Staff list Calendar Members list Recent posts
Welcome to The Coffee Shop! Don't forget to visit our Sister Sites...
Family of Forums Coffee Shop 2009 TV Fanatics The Hideaway Train Station/Diner Coffee Shop Club Lupus/ MCTD Johnz Insane Empire The Tent Dwellers Pogo Finishers All That Care Our Hangout SMF Support Coffeenole.com

The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host
Coffeenole's Coffee Shop
April 18, 2024, 05:54:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enjoy many of the same features as found on Coffeenole's Original Coffee Shop...

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Megans Story

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Megans Story  (Read 4486 times)
AdditLady
One of A Kind
Super Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 244

Hold On Tight To Your Dreams

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 03:17:24 pm »

Unbelievable!!  I may live in a fantasy world because It is so hard for me to believe that a human being could be capable of such a thing!!
Report Spam   Logged

rymmyisaac

Coffee Shop Reputation: 336

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 03:40:03 pm »

Its bad enough that it happened but to know that a parent did it is what I cant phathom! What if that was her child that died because of another parents ignorance and stupidity!! Cant get past that part of it!
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman
Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 60

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 04:05:45 pm »

the goblin felt much of what had already been said here, and what he felt about keeping the real self hidden wouldn't be the right reply here either so he let be knowing that moralizing wasn't the correct response
Report Spam   Logged

everyday is a gift
Coffeenole
Your humble host.
Founding Father of the Coffee Shop
Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 466

Coffeenole is here!

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 04:11:20 pm »

Rymmy, I made an addition to your original post, to keep it on the home page.

Rest in peace, Megan.
Report Spam   Logged

rymmyisaac

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 04:15:57 pm »

Dear Coffeenole, I was not threatening anybody I was stating what I think should happen to anyone who harms a child! It was my personal opinion but I will refrain from giving it in the future! I should have worded it better but it just makes my blood boil! Sorry if anyone was offended it was not my intention!
Report Spam   Logged

Coffeenole
Your humble host.
Grand Champion Author

Coffeenole is here!

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 04:41:52 pm »

That wasn't what I was saying...The story as you wrote it remains intact, the morale of the story us what can happen if someone tries to attack someone on a site that is supposed to be enjoyable...hence my reason for the comments that I added.

Megan's story is one that needs to be told on every forum that promotes a friendly atmosphere...there was nothing offensive about it, and it's more than just your opinion, it is the belief of nearly everyone, if not everyone, who visits here. That's why I drove the point home that if anyone makes personal attacks here, there will be certain consequences.

Rest assured, it wasn't meant to be a correction of your comment, but a reinforcement of what you said.
Report Spam   Logged

indygirl
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 05:28:49 pm »

Very sad indeed.......Rest in Peace Megan.....
I do hope charges are brought........
Something I can't even begin to understand how or why a person would do such a thing....
I do believe I am at just a loss for words here, just read the story and I have been so busy at work I have not heard of this until now....
Report Spam   Logged
rymmyisaac

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 06:23:21 pm »

Thank you Coffeenole! I misunderstood the reasoning behind you're comments! I apologize for the confusion! My fault!
Report Spam   Logged

Coffeenole
Your humble host.
Grand Champion Author

Coffeenole is here!

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 06:26:29 pm »

Thank you Coffeenole! I misunderstood the reasoning behind you're comments! I apologize for the confusion! My fault!

Rymmy, we're definitely on the same page with this!
Report Spam   Logged

rymmyisaac

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 07:21:00 pm »

Awsome Coffee!!
Report Spam   Logged

d1me9
Rocky Horror Picture Show Veteran

Coffee Shop Reputation: 848

Waar het hart vol van is, stroomt de mond van over

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 07:25:15 pm »

i read this story and just shook my head. that is such an age where you are trying to fit in, belong, be liked by friends. it is hard enough WITHOUT depression, and WITHOUT someone trying to mess with you. The fact that the SOMEONE who messed with this poor girl, was an adult, a PARENT, makes me very very sad. How would that mother have felt about the whole situation, if it had been HER child who went through all that and took his/her own life ? i think that now, the adult responsible should have to pay for her cruel actions.
Report Spam   Logged

dutchtreat
Rotten to the core, and proud of it!
Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 323

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 09:32:27 am »

What that psycho mother did that led to Megan's death is cruel, and deserves to be punished.  I hope that Megan's family will find justice in the civil arena.  The criminal arena is obviously way too wimpy and feckless to bring that bee-otch to accountability.  I hope she, her daughter, and her daughter's evil friends will become ostracized big time.  If I were running a restaurant, I would definitely exercise the "right to refuse service to anyone" option with that slimy crowd.

My real opinions run stronger than that, but I'm already feeling major stress from withholding the actual terms of endearment they so richly deserve.
Report Spam   Logged

janzisme
happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open

Coffee Shop Reputation: 214

life is groovy ... if you let it be!

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 11:13:29 am »

here's an issue that is going on in Connecticut ... another abuse of an inocent child ...

Hartford (WTNH) _ Gov. Rell wants answers from the Department of Children and Family Services and the attorney general after a Team 8 Investigation revealed that a family with a history of abuse against foster children were able to adopt another child.

A report by DCF called a Stratford's family treatment of a foster child, 'cruel and inhumane'. The 2-year old child was discovered in a darkened room, trapped in playpen with a wood board and bungee cords. DCF removed the child from the custody of Theresa and Michael Soltis but then allowed another special needs child to be adopted by the couple.

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said of the decision that, "This case is 'Exhibit A' for reviewing and changing the policies and procedures of DCF, certainly to make them more open and accountable."

But tonight Gov. Rell is pinning the blame on how the case was handled on Blumenthal. In a statement she said, "It is important to note DCF was represented in this case by the office of the attorney general, which registered no complaint about the decision."

Blumenthal defended his staff by saying, "They are not involved in decisions about placements and adoptions. They are lawyers to represent to the court the DCF personnel and their decisions and evidence."

Governor Rell says that the use of restrainst was clearly inappropriate, but stands by the DCF decision because experts believed it was in the best interest of the child. She also pointed out that the incident took place during a prior adminstration.

a special needs child no less ... how heart breaking is that?
Report Spam   Logged

live simply ... love generously
 care deeply ... speak kindly
     leave the rest to God

rymmyisaac

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 03:35:38 pm »

I've seen cases like that before Janz in my local area! Its absolutly sickening!
Report Spam   Logged

Coffeenole
Your humble host.
Grand Champion Author

Coffeenole is here!

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 08:49:11 am »

Move to #1
Report Spam   Logged

DeJaVue
Coffeenole.com

Coffee Shop Reputation: 505

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 09:38:53 am »

I just saw Megan's story on Fox news this morning, and according to their reports, people across the nation are calling for action to be taken now. So, let's keep this going along with those prayers.
Report Spam   Logged

Rockin' and rollin' with the oldies!
Because He Lives!
DeJaVue
Coffeenole.com

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 10:01:05 am »

Oh no...just heard the prosecutor decided no charges will be brought!!! I can't believe it, but Megan's mother is on the air now. While she is so disappointed about this decision, she understands that there were no laws on the books to allow it to happen. But it seems the law is being changed so that bullying and internet harassment will be punishable crimes in the future.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Because He Lives!
indygirl
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 11:43:17 am »

Unbelieveable, no charges!
Ok, I just need keep mouth shut as I can't say anything nice about this!
Report Spam   Logged
caillea
Coffeenole.com
Veteran Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 60

This is my African Gray.. meet JJ.

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 12:49:51 pm »

Sorry to be so far behide in this story but I haven't heared anything about is up here.. can one of you fill me in?..I can't get the page link that was posted here..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:28:31 pm by caillea » Report Spam   Logged

Click the> it will take you to "The Hideaway"
DeJaVue
Coffeenole.com

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 04:47:15 pm »

Caillea, try searching for "MySpace Hoax" and "Megan Meier." But this is from Rymmy's first post...

"Megans Story! She was a 13 year old girl that hung herself in her closet last week year because her neighbor's mother thought that Megan was talking about her daughter so she made up a guy on Megans MySpace and the made up boy was telling Megan how pretty she was and so on then started saying all kinds of nasty things about Megan pretending to be this boy. Megan suffered from depression and took this whole thing to heart not knowing that the boy was just made up by a sick, warped parent of an aquaintence and she killed herself! There most likely wont be any charges brought against this neighbors mother. What say you?"

And as I posted above, it is so terribly sad and unjust (IMHO) that the prosecutor cannot bring charges now because it was not possible to determine who actually made the postings (I guess they could not be certain it was actually the mother, her daughter or other people who posted there), and there were no harassment or bullying or internet stalking laws on the books.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Because He Lives!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: