JOIN US AT THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY COFFEE SHOP!!

JOIN US AT THE COFFEE SHOP 2009!!

ADUI CELEBRATES 100+!

Recent Posts Giveaway of the Day Imageshack Uploader Go Down

Home Forum Help Search Admin Arcade
Profile Photo Gallery Links Staff list Calendar Members list Recent posts
Welcome to The Coffee Shop! Don't forget to visit our Sister Sites...
Family of Forums Coffee Shop 2009 TV Fanatics The Hideaway Train Station/Diner Coffee Shop Club Lupus/ MCTD Johnz Insane Empire The Tent Dwellers Pogo Finishers All That Care Our Hangout SMF Support Coffeenole.com

The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host
Coffeenole's Coffee Shop
March 29, 2024, 08:42:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ...and more!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Navy LT. Michael Murphy, MEDAL OF HONOR recipent

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navy LT. Michael Murphy, MEDAL OF HONOR recipent  (Read 281 times)
Sunrbunns
Coffee Shop Moderator
Super Grand Champion Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 142

"No Tan Lines"

« on: October 16, 2007, 09:05:54 am »

NAVY Lt. Michael Murphy was awarded the MEDAL OF HONOR (posthumously) on Saturday, October 13,2007.

We all heard about Al Gore's Nobel Prize but did you hear about this true American Hero? Most people didn't. (Lt. Murphy is from New York, yet the New York Times didn't even bother to run the story. I guess they didn't want to take anything away from the stories about Gore.)

By the way, this was the first Medal of Honor presented to a Sailor since Vietnam. Read the attached article.

GOD BLESS our Troops and the United States of America.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/10/navy_seal_moh_071011w/
Report Spam   Logged

"Life's race is run by Faith and won by Grace"
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --  to move in the opposite direction"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JohnGalt
New Author

Coffee Shop Reputation: 22

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 06:05:44 am »

Lt. Murphy was and is a hero. 

I was honored to have served with two men in Mogadishu who were awarded (postumously) the MOH and I received a Bronze Star for actions that day. 

I will say, however, that I did read Marcus Littrell's book (Lone Survivor) about the incident, and found it to be mostly brag....which is unfortunate.  (Being a former Ranger, having served with the same unit that rescued Littrell, and his comments about Rangers rubbed me the wrong way). 

I'm not even touching the Al Gore comment (I support his award....and I'll leave it at that.....). 

What people do not realize is that when a SEAL, Ranger, Marine, etc., is in that situation, we are not thinking about 'protecting' or 'fighting' for the freedom of Americans -- we are doing our jobs and taking care of each other.  Everything else is secondary. 

To all veterans (not just combat vets) -- Thanks for your Service......

Be Well....

JG
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: